Safeguarding is our primary responsibility at Bradford District PRU.
There is no issue of greater importance to parents and carers, than the safety of the children placed in our care.
Our key priorities our;
- protecting children and learners from maltreatment
- preventing impairment of children’s and learners’ health or development
- ensuring that children and learners are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- undertaking that role so as to enable those children and learners to have optimum life chances and to enter adulthood successfully.
Our staff work with parents and carers and a range of other agencies to ensure that our students stay safe, adopt healthy lifestyles and make a positive contribution within and beyond our school whilst they also enjoy and achieve and develop skills for their futures.
We teach students to;
- keep themselves safe
- protect themselves from bullying, racist abuse, harassment or discrimination, and promotes good behaviour
We provide for
- students with medical conditions
- student child welfare and child protection concerns
- work with agencies to safeguard and promote the welfare of children
Additionally we monitor and evaluate all areas of our practice by;
- recruiting highly qualified staff that are skilled in supporting our students and families
- providing a safe and secure school site
- providing a range of high quality training opportunities for our staff
Any issue of concern should be discussed with our teachers, support staff or referred to our Pastoral Managers who can provide additional support.